A Comprehensive Guide of Apple Music Family Plan for Beginners
Table of contents
- Other Info about Apple Music Family Plan
- Extra Tip: Download Apple Music Songs without Apple Music Family Plan
The Apple Music Family Plan is a subscription offering provided by Apple Inc. as part of its Apple Music service. It is designed to cater to the needs of families who want to enjoy Apple Music's vast catalog of songs, playlists, and radio stations together, while still maintaining separate user accounts and preferences.
How much is Apple Music Family Plan? Well, here is a breakdown of the pricing options for the Apple Music Family Plan price:
The standard monthly price for the Apple Music Family Plan is typically $14.99 per month in the United States. This price may vary slightly depending on your country or region due to currency exchange rates and local taxes.
Apple sometimes offers an annual subscription option for the Family Plan at a discounted rate. This annual subscription typically provides 12 months of Apple Music for the price of 10 months. So, instead of paying for 12 months individually, you pay for 10 months upfront.
Apple Music Family Plan allows up to six family members to share the subscription for a single monthly or annual fee, making it cost-effective for families.
Individual plans are for single users and come at a slightly lower cost but lack the cost-sharing benefits of the Family Plan.
The Family Plan provides each family member with their own personalized Apple Music experience, playlists, and music libraries.
Individual plans are for individual users and offer a single, personalized Apple Music account.
To join the Apple Music Family Plan, follow these steps:
Apple Music typically offers a free trial period to new subscribers, including those who sign up for the Family Plan. The free trial period typically lasts for 3 months. During this trial period, you can enjoy all the features of the Family Plan without being charged. Here's how the free trial works:
- When you subscribe to the Family Plan, you'll need to provide a valid payment method, but you won't be charged during the trial period.
- Your trial period will automatically convert to a paid subscription at the regular monthly or annual rate (depending on your choice) once the trial period ends, unless you cancel it before that time.
- To avoid being charged after the trial, make sure to cancel the subscription before the trial period expires. You can do this through the Apple Music app or by going to your Apple ID settings.
To set up an Apple Music Family Plan, follow these steps:
- 1. Make sure you have an active Apple Music subscription.
- 2. Enable Family Sharing on your device by going to "Settings" > [Your Name] > "Set Up Family Sharing."
- 3. Invite family members to join your Family Sharing group by going to "Settings" > [Your Name] > "Family Sharing" > "Add Family Member" or "Invite Family Member."
- 4. Choose how to invite family members (via iMessage or email) and enter their Apple IDs.
- 5. Send the invitation, and family members accept it, set up Family Sharing, and enable Apple Music sharing in their settings.
To add people to your Apple Music Family Plan, you need to be the organizer of the Family Sharing group. Follow these steps:
- 1. Make sure you are the organizer of the Family Sharing group.
- 2. In the Family Sharing settings on your iOS device, tap "Add Family Member" or "Invite Family Member."
- 3. Choose how to invite them (iMessage or email) and enter their Apple ID.
- 4. Send the invitation, and the family member accepts it, sets up Family Sharing, and enables Apple Music sharing in their settings.
The Apple Music Family Plan allows up to six family members to share the same subscription. Each family member can use their own devices, and they can access Apple Music on multiple devices such as iPhones, iPads, Macs, PCs, Android devices, and more, as long as they are signed in with their Apple ID and have enabled Apple Music sharing within the Family Sharing group.
Sharing Music Within a Family Group
- In a Family Sharing group, the organizer can share their Apple Music subscription with up to six family members.
- Each family member gets their own Apple Music account, which includes personalized playlists, recommendations, and the ability to build their music library.
- Family members can create their own playlists, add songs to their libraries, and enjoy Apple Music independently.
Limitations and Restrictions
- Parental Controls: Apple Music offers parental controls, allowing the organizer to restrict explicit content and set age-appropriate content filters for family members.
- -Access to Personal Libraries: While family members can share the subscription, each member maintains their separate and private music library. They won't have access to each other's purchased music or downloads.
One of the great features of Apple Music Family Plan is offline listening. Apple Music Family Plan members can download songs and playlist for offline listening. But with MusicFab Apple Music Downloader, you can also achieve this even with a free Apple music account.
MusicFab Apple Music Converter is a software application designed to help users download and convert the DRM protection on Apple Music tracks. This tool is particular useful for those who want to enjoy their music on non-Apple devices or platforms that don’t support Apple’s DRM-protected formats.
- Multiple Output Formats: The software supports a wide range of output formats, including MP3, FLAC, MP3, WAV, M4A, and OPUS.
- High-quality conversion: This application ensures that the converted file retain their original audio quality, providing a lossless conversion process.
- Batch conversion: Users can convert multiple songs or entire playlists at once, saving time and effort.
- Preserve Metadata: The Apple Music converter preserves essential song information such as titles, artists, albums, and album artwork during the conversion process.
In conclusion, the Apple Music Family Plan offers a harmonious and cost-effective way for families to share the joy of music. With the ability to create personalized accounts for up to six family members, it ensures that everyone can enjoy their favorite tunes, playlists, and music libraries while still sharing the same subscription.